A booking for a holiday becomes firm when a deposit of one third of the holiday rental (to the nearest Euro) together with a completed booking form is received by us. Up to that time it is a provisional booking. Provisional bookings are held for a maximum of 7 days. Remittances must be made in Euro’s.
The holiday price includes Value Added Tax at nine percent. If rates of VAT change, we reserve the right to amend prices accordingly.
- Final Payment
The full balance of the total holiday cost is payable not later then ten weeks before the holiday begins. Reminders will not be sent unless requested, payment is made on the same credit card unless otherwise requested. If the full balance is not paid on time we reserve the right to cancel the holiday, in which case the deposit will be forfeited.
- Cancellation charges
If you have to cancel your holiday for whatever reason, we will do our best to re-let the cancelled booking and refund your rental in full less a cancellation administration charge of €75.00 per cottage. If however we do not succeed in re-letting the cottage(s) we reserve the right to make a cancellation charge under the following structure: More than 56 days the Cancellation Fee of €75 per cottage applies. Between 55 – 42 days, 30% of the total rental will be charged. From 41 – 22 days 60% of total rental will be charged. Less than 21 days 100% of total the rental will be charged. A minimum cancellation charge of €75.00 applies to all cancellations. Cancellation must be notified by telephone as soon as possible and followed by written confirmation.
- Our Right to Refuse
We reserve the right to refuse any booking and in exceptional circumstances, to cancel, modify or alter arrangements made for the Visitor. If a booking had to be cancelled, modified or altered by us we will make every effort to offer an alternative holiday. If the Visitor does not accept the alternative holiday offered, we will return to him/her any monies paid whereupon our liability will cease.
- Change of Booking There will be a fee of €30.00 for any transferred booking and bookings may not be transferred within one month prior to the Visitor’s holiday. A transferred booking is from one cottage to another or from one date to another. If the transfer also involves reducing the length of holiday e.g. from two weeks to one week, it will be regarded as a cancellation and will fall under our Holiday Cancellation Conditions.
- Visitor Accommodation Limitation Accommodation at all times is limited to the number of persons for whom the booking is made and the maximum number in each cottage must not exceed that stated in the brochure.
- Joint bookings Where two parties join forces to take a holiday cottage, the booking should be made in one name only – that person (the Visitor) to be responsible for all payments and any damage.
- Services All charges for gas, electricity and water services are included in holiday price.
- Loss of Visitor Property We cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to any belongings or for injury sustained by the Visitor or members of his/her party during their stay at the holiday property. We exclude liability for loss or damage to any belongings or for injury sustained to the Visitor or member of his/her party during their stay at the holiday property.
- Right of Entry We and our agents reserve the right to enter any cottage at any reasonable time on reasonable cause.
- Visitor Obligations The Visitor undertakes to keep the premises and all furniture fixtures and effects in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the booking period (reasonable wear and tear excepted) and shall pay to us the value of any part of the premises furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects so destroyed or damaged. Breakages and damage should be reported as soon as possible.
- Property Cleanliness The Visitor and members of his/her party are asked to leave the accommodation clean and tidy. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the accommodation is not left in a satisfactory condition.
- Family Occupation The accommodation is designed for family use, not for youth groups or student parties. Sleeping in tents or motor vehicles adjacent to the accommodation is not permitted.
- Advance Bookings Cottages can be booked at least a year in advance. It is advisable to book early to avoid disappointment, particularly over school holiday periods.
- Access The Cottages have a car park for guests only and guests are requested to park in the car park at all times except when unloading or loading cases etc. on arrival or departure. In the event of our Guests having day visitors we ask them to park in the parking spaces outside the gates.
- Bicycles If you bring a bicycle/s on holiday, please do not take them into the cottage.
- Complaints Every care is taken to ensure that our cottages are presented to visitors to a high standard. Should you find on arrival that there is a problem, or cause for complaint, please let us know immediately. Every effort will then be made to assist you. It is frustrating for all parties if you write after your holiday and tell us about a problem that could have been solved had we known at the time. We value every booking and want all visitors to enjoy their holidays and to return to The Cottages.
We do not collect any personal information from visitors to our website other than information that is knowingly and voluntarily given. Anonymous information is collected, such as the number of visitors to the website in a given period or details of properties and dates selected for online bookings, but it is purely statistical and cannot be used to identify an individual user. Cookies are not used to collect any other information from visitors to the website. Visitors interested in requesting more information can provide contact details via a fill-in form. Visitors cannot be contacted unless such information is given. Visitors are also invited to give additional company information but a decision not to do so does not affect any subsequent negotiations or discussions.
Use of Information
The information collected will be used to contact you with further details of our current activities or to send details of future initiatives or events. It may also be used for research purposes. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require such information to be sent.
Third Party Disclosure
We will NEVER pass any personal information on to any third party without your consent.
We take appropriate measures to safeguard the information we hold from unauthorised access or improper use. Our database is stored in a secure, password protected location. Only users authorised by us have access to this data.
Integrity of Data
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information we hold is accurate. In particular we use reliable collection methods and destroy or convert to an anonymous form, any out-of-date data. Individuals may request details of all personal information held by us so as to contest inaccurate or incomplete data, verify the information and have it corrected as appropriate.
Our website is not targeted at children but in any event personal information will not knowingly be collected from children under fourteen years without parental consent.
Any queries relating to our collection or use of personal information should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.